We have come a long way in outdoor decorations since garden gnomes and flamingos. Although this is a cartoonish, yet classical look for your garden, it is a bit outdated considering the wide choice of unique garden accessories available on the market today.
In a way, your outdoor space is an extension of your indoor living space. So why should you put in less effort in decorating your backyard than your living room? The answer is simple – you shouldn’t. Whether you are using your outdoor space for relaxing, dining, or entertaining, with the right furniture and outdoor decorations you can personalize it to match your specific taste and maximize the enjoyment of your time spent outside the house.
Here is a list of some outdoor decorations that will definitely help you turn your outdoors into the party-chill-family zone you’ve always wanted.
- If you have a paved backyard or you just want a lawn but don’t like the commitment and responsibilities that come with it, artificial grass might be the perfect solution for you. Nowadays you can find artificial grass that not only looks natural, but is 100% eco-friendly, doesn’t fade with long-term sun exposure, and is safe for your kids and your pets. It is ideal for your backyards, swimming pool surroundings, rooftop gardens and so on.
- Another way to add a little natural feel to your outdoor space without having to worry too much about maintenance is a self-watering outdoor planter. This innovative piece of technology is designed specifically for flexibility in your busy life and it is perfect for planting flowers, fruits, vegetables, herbs and so on.
- If space isn’t a luxury you have in abundance, maybe you can dress up your potted plants with some unique pots with custom prints in order to add a little personal charm to your outdoor space.
- Macrame plant hangers are a trend that is making a huge comeback around the world. They are a perfect way to display the natural beauty of your plants in your desired location. There are also hanging planters which double as lanterns, so you can use them either to display you plants or you can just light a candle in them to add some subtle mood lighting to your garden.
- Speaking of light, you can get solar powered lamps that provide environmentally friendly illumination without having to worry about power sockets and annoying cables. You can find all kinds of solar powered lamps and some of them even feature an automatic switch that activates at certain light levels.
There are, of course, a ton of other outdoor decorations on the market such as bird houses, decorative but also functional garden tools like watering cans, trowels and forks, and so on. Think of them as the jewelry of your space that will enable you to unleash your creativity even without spending a lot of money. Combine colour, fabrics, and shapes to place a personal stamp on your outdoor space.