Hearing loss is a very common problem that affects so many people all over the globe. It is one of the most common birth defects worldwide and one of the most reported work injuries. Even so most people don’t know when it is time to check their hearing and where to go. The best place to go to check your hearing is at an audiologist. While it might not always be easy to come to terms that you might have a problem with your hearing, the sooner you receive treatment the better off your hearing will be. There are so many great Australian hearing services available and audiologists available to help you. If you want to know more about when you should go to check your hearing, keep reading.
There are many reasons you should go to see an audiologist, the first reason would be a general checkup to make sure that you are healthy. You should be getting your hearing checked at least once a year, you will get a full and thorough checkup by going to an audiologist. If you are someone who deals with excessive earwax you should also go to check your ears. Most cleaning products on the market today actually do more damage than they do good which can lead to a build up of trapped wax in the ear. You should always visit an audiologist to have that earwax removed safely and properly. If you are a parent you should always visit and audiologist to check their hearing. While identifying a child’s ability to hear is a bit more difficult it is important to diagnose it at a young age. It is a very common birth defect that should be treated as soon as possible.
There are many signs of hearing loss, but recognizing them can be quite difficult. While there are many, some people may not notice it until it’s too late. It is always better to go to an audiologist when you first start noticing a problem rather than leaving it till later. Having regular checkups is one way to detect a problem early that way you can start treatment right away. Some people feel that it is embarrassing or they might feel ashamed, there is absolutely no reason to feel this way and your health is something you should always take seriously. If you think that you or someone you know is experiencing signs of hearing loss you should book to see an Australian hearing service today. Below we will list some of the signs of hearing loss so you can maybe catch hearing loss a little earlier on.
- Inability to understand people in crowds and having to ask people to repeat themselves is another common problem that comes with hearing loss. This can make a lot of people feel uncomfortable going out or communicating with their friends and family.
- You will also lose the ability to hear high pitched noises or some voices like a child or woman. Females and children speak at a higher frequency making them harder to hear. The same applies for high pitched noises like telephones, children crying or birds.
- You may also have problems hearing things from a distance like the T.V or doorbell which can be a real problem for you and those around you.
In addition, here are the common consequences that are sure to come if one neglects to adress these problems on time.
- Avoidance – Many people who develop signs of hearing loss tend to avoid public places and people. This is merely because they might feel embarrassed that they can not hear well or they feel uncomfortable talking to people. Getting treated early on will fix this problem and you will feel liberated in being able to see the people you love again.
- Depression – Hearing loss can cause unexpected problems like depression. Many people who develop a health problem may feel isolated or alone which is simply not true. This is one of many side effects that can come with hearing loss.